Forum: GNU Radio Installation problems

Aadil V. (Guest)

I'm having trouble with the installation of gnu radio on my laptop (acer
travelmate 230series).

I'm running ubuntu Edgy and have installed all the neccessary packages
via
Synaptic package manager.

The following is the output once I try to run one of the example
programs,

aadil@amarda:~/gnuradio-3.0.2/gnuradio-examples/python/audio$
./mono_tone.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./mono_tone.py", line 23, in ?
    from gnuradio import gr
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/gnuradio/gr/__init__.py",
line 27, in ?
    from gnuradio_swig_python import *
  File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/gnuradio/gr/gnuradio_swig_python.py",
line 4, in ?
    import _gnuradio_swig_python
ImportError:
/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/gnuradio/gr/_gnuradio_swig_python.so:
undefined symbol: _ZTI11gr_feval_ll
aadil@amarda:~/gnuradio-3.0.2/gnuradio-examples/python/audio$

I believe I have installed all the packages correctly.

Thanks,

Aadil
Zi B. (Guest)
hey aadil
try writing this code in your terminal

$ cp /etc/ld.so.conf /tmp/ld.so.conf
$ echo /usr/local/lib >> /tmp/ld.so.conf
$ sudo mv /tmp/ld.so.conf /etc/ld.so.conf
$ sudo ldconfig

hope it works
ziad