Forum: Ruby on Rails last modified date

Mahendra W. (Guest)

 i want to know the last modified date of an external file from my
application.
Is it possible...?
Shai R. (Guest)
on 2007-07-02 15:15
Mahendra W. wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  i want to know the last modified date of an external file from my
> application.
> Is it possible...?

http://rubycentral.com/book/ref_c_file.html

has a listing of all the File class methods...that is what you are
looking for.

http://rubycentral.com/book/ref_c_file.html#File.mtime

is for the last modified time. you got atime, which is for access time,
and other interesting methods. fun looking into..

enjoy the ride..
Mahendra W. (Guest)
on 2007-07-02 15:29
Shai R. wrote:
> Mahendra W. wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>>  i want to know the last modified date of an external file from my
>> application.
>> Is it possible...?
>
> http://rubycentral.com/book/ref_c_file.html
>
> has a listing of all the File class methods...that is what you are
> looking for.
>
> http://rubycentral.com/book/ref_c_file.html#File.mtime
>
> is for the last modified time. you got atime, which is for access time,
> and other interesting methods. fun looking into..
>
> enjoy the ride..

Hi Shai,

   Thanks. It's really interesting...