I'm having a problem upgrading from 0.6.1 to 0.6.2 on my local (Windows XP) test machine. I have tried this on a couple of Windows machines and each time I get a (Zlib::BufError) buffer error. On my local machine I have updated Ruby to version 1.8.6 and have updated Ruby Gems to 0.9.4. I have also tried a clean install of Ruby, Gems and Radiant on a newly formatted machine, but again get the buffer error. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Sharon C:\>gem update radiant Updating installed gems... Attempting remote update of radiant ERROR: While executing gem ... (Zlib::BufError) buffer error This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by MessageLabs.
on 2007-07-02 13:29
on 2007-07-02 17:03
There was some discussion of this problem on the Capistrano mailing list too. Apparently, it's a bug in RubyGems. Here's the fix, from Jamis: ------------------------- P.S. If you are on a Windows machine, and you get Zlib errors trying to install the Capistrano gem, try this. Find the rubygems/package.rb file (wherever it happens to be in your Ruby installation), open it up, and find the zipped_stream method. Then, replace it, wholesale, with the following: def zipped_stream(entry) entry.read(10) # skip the gzip header zis = Zlib::Inflate.new(-Zlib::MAX_WBITS) is = StringIO.new(zis.inflate(entry.read)) ensure zis.finish if zis end ------------------------ Cheers, Sean