Forum: Ruby on Rails is there a Unix text-based browser I can use on my hosting p

Greg H. (Guest)

Is there a Unix text-based browser I can use on my hosting providers
box?
That is from my production site (Dreamhost) I could emulate a browser
call
to my application in text form?

The main reason is I want to test initial response time from my
application,
but discount the network lag.  I'm noticing that the first http hit to
my
application (if there has been a break in traffic to the RoR app) takes
several seconds to come back (~10-20 seconds) but then subsequently
seems
ok.

Tks
David F. (Guest)
on 2007-07-01 14:40
I've used one called Lynx

http://lynx.browser.org/
Shai R. (Guest)
on 2007-07-01 15:28
w3m works good as well. (and it's japan-made if it makes u feel more
homey while working on the japan-made ruby)            :)

http://w3m.sourceforge.net/
Davi (Guest)
Em Domingo 01 Julho 2007 07:40, David F. escreveu:
> I've used one called Lynx
>
> http://lynx.browser.org/

  Links, Links2, Elinks.

  HTH,
--
Davi V.
removed_email_address@domain.invalid
removed_email_address@domain.invalid
--
"Religion, ideology, resources, land,
spite, love or "just because"...
On Sun, Jul 01, 2007 at 01:28:28PM +0200, Shai R. wrote:
> w3m works good as well. (and it's japan-made if it makes u feel more
> homey while working on the japan-made ruby)            :)
>
> http://w3m.sourceforge.net/

I don't know if this is built into w3m or if it's an extension packaged
up
by a Debian developer, but on my Debian boxes I have the w3m-img package
installed. As long as I am using an xterm (doesn't work on Apple's
Terminal.app, don't know about other terminal emulators), I can run w3m
and
it displays images within the xterm. I don't know how it's done, but
it's
quite nice.

--Greg