Forum: Radiant CMS create new tags - best practice?

Patrick G. (Guest)

what is the current best practice to create new tags? Create an
extension, create a module and include Radiant::Taggable and call
Page.send :include, <mymodule>? Or should I create a plugin as described
in
<http://radiantcms.org/blog/archives/2006/09/14/how...?
The latter seems to be outdated (radiant really evolves quickly - thats
so nice).

Patrick
Patrick G. (Guest)
on 2007-06-28 23:34
Hello again,

without being able to answer my own question (it would be still
interesting to know), I have just used the script/generate extension and
this was pretty easy to set up.

> what is the current best practice to create new tags? Create an
> extension, create a module and include Radiant::Taggable and call
> Page.send :include, <mymodule>? Or should I create a plugin as described
> in
> <http://radiantcms.org/blog/archives/2006/09/14/how...?
> The latter seems to be outdated (radiant really evolves quickly - thats
> so nice).
John L. (Guest)
Patrick G. wrote:
> what is the current best practice to create new tags? Create an
> extension, create a module and include Radiant::Taggable and call
> Page.send :include, <mymodule>? Or should I create a plugin as described
> in
> <http://radiantcms.org/blog/archives/2006/09/14/how...?
> The latter seems to be outdated (radiant really evolves quickly - thats
> so nice).

The plugin approach was made obsolete with the release of the extension
system in 0.6. See:

http://wiki.radiantcms.org/Creating_Radiant_Extensions

--
John