Forum: Rails deployment stress testing software

Aaron S. (Guest)
on 2007-06-28 09:30
anyone know of a pretty basic simple to use stress testing software? I'm
not using it specifically for rails stress testing. So something that
can be configured to do any http requests??

thanks
-Aaron
Steve T. (Guest)
httperf - http://www.hpl.hp.com/research/linux/httperf/

Zed S. talks about using it with rails/mongrel here:

http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/docs/how_many_mongrels.html

Steve

On Jun 28, 6:30 am, Aaron S. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
Paolo N. (Guest)
wbox is an alternative

http://hping.org/wbox/

Paolo
Aaron S. (Guest)
on 2007-06-28 17:33
Paolo N. wrote:
> wbox is an alternative
>
> http://hping.org/wbox/
>
> Paolo

thanks man, this looks promising.
Alexey V. (Guest)
Depends on how complex your simulation needs to be. If you are looking
to test your infrastructure, something like httperf or wbox is
entirely adequate, and very easy to use.

If you need to simulate a mix of user session scenarios, jMeter or
Grinder are more suitable for that. Doing this generally makes sense
when you are going to hit high load levels from day one (e.g.,
replacing a legacy app). You should also take every opportunity to
find and fix performance problems in quick and dirty ways (with
httperf), before going for complex simulations.

--
Alex
Nathan Clark (Guest)

cheers