Forum: GNU Radio Help Getting usrp.tune to work

Michael D. (Guest)
I've been struggling with a particular USRP to get usrp.tune () to
work with a Flex400 daughtercard.  It seems to work on the rest of
the USRP's, and their various cards (including a Flex400), but not 1
in particular.  Here is what I can provide; please ask for more info
if needed! - MLD

* "print-db" returns:

RX d'board A: Flex 400 Rx MIMO B
RX d'board B: TV Rx
TX d'board A: Flex 400 Tx MIMO B
TX d'board B: Basic Tx

* The daughtercard says "FLEX400" "10-11-05".

* I've tried using burn-db-eeprom with "rfx400", "rfx400_mimo_b", and
"rfx400_mimo_a", but the result is the same - usrp.tune () still
doesn't seem to work.
Matt E. (Guest)
Michael D. wrote:
> I've been struggling with a particular USRP to get usrp.tune () to
> work with a Flex400 daughtercard.  It seems to work on the rest of the
> USRP's, and their various cards (including a Flex400), but not 1 in
> particular.  Here is what I can provide; please ask for more info if
> needed! - MLD

First let's identify what hardware you have.

   What rev is your USRP?  If it is rev 4.0 or higher it is capable of
driving an RFX400, an RFX400_MIMO_A, or an RFX400_MIMO_B.  If it is a
lower rev, it can only drive an RFX400 or an RFX400_MIMO_A.

   Does your RFX400 have X1 and X101 populated or empty?
   Which of the following resistors on the RFX400 are populated -- R34?
R35?  R36?
   What was the eeprom originally programmed with?

Does this RFX400 work with other USRPs?
Does this USRP work with other RFX400s?

Matt