Forum: Ruby Help Installing a Ruby Module

Matt W. (Guest)
Hello,

I downloaded roscar from RubyForge in hopes of sending automated AIM
messages to my cell phone. roscar seems to have no documentation
whatsoever. I can probably figure out how to use it but how do I
install a module manually? I've only done it using gems before. Thanks!
Leslie V. (Guest)
On 6/27/07, Matt W. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I downloaded roscar from RubyForge in hopes of sending automated AIM
> messages to my cell phone. roscar seems to have no documentation
> whatsoever. I can probably figure out how to use it but how do I
> install a module manually? I've only done it using gems before. Thanks!

Taking a quick look, you should be able to copy oscar.rb and the types
directory to a new directory to a new directory
C:\ruby\lib\ruby\site_ruby\1.8\aim. On Linux, look around and figure out
the
equivalent path.

There is some minimal documentation embedded in the source - run rdoc
from
the directory you unzipped and that should help a little. client.rb
looks
like an example.

Les