Forum: GNU Radio about how to test RFX900 with USRP

CHEN,ZHIFENG (Guest)
I am a beginner in USRP for GNU Radio. I just buy two sets of USRP
with RFX900 for our project. There is no any documents together
with the package. That is fine for play USRP monther board. I have
test the USRP and it is fine. But when I want to test a
transmitter and receiver between two sets of USRP+RFX900, there is
no any documents address this. I have to find which file may be
used to test RFX900, and furthermore go through all the codes in
that file to decide how to build up a link between two RFX900.
Since there are almost no comments, it is very difficult for many
beginners like me to understand. Does anyone have suggestions
for:
1. which files should I use to test link between two RFX900?
2. which file may I use to set the power gain for trasmitter?
since my
experience before is LNA in receiver has maximum input power
limit.
3. which file may I use to set different waveforms?
4. Is there such documents addressing these for beginner?
Thank you very much!

Best Regards,
James
Lin HUANG (Guest)
2007/6/24, CHEN,ZHIFENG <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>:
> Since there are almost no comments, it is very difficult for many
> beginners like me to understand. Does anyone have suggestions
> for:
> 1. which files should I use to test link between two RFX900?

Just change the carrier frequency, you may use a lot of files for test.
For
example, usrp_fft.py, usrp_nbfm_ptt.py, usrp_nbfm_rcv.py etc.
http://gnuradio.org/trac/browser/gnuradio/trunk/gn...
is a good example for full duplex transmission.

2. which file may I use to set the power gain for trasmitter?
> since my
> experience before is LNA in receiver has maximum input power
> limit.

Only the software gain. I mean the data you give to DA.

3. which file may I use to set different waveforms?

4. Is there such documents addressing these for beginner?
> Thank you very much!

http://www.gnu.org/software/gnuradio/doc/howto-wri...
"how to write a block" is a document for beginner. And
http://www.nd.edu/~jnl/sdr/docs/tutorials/
is a good tutorial, but maybe not updated for a long time.

Hope they are helpful for you.

BR
HUANG Lin

Best Regards,