Forum: GNU Radio 802.11 BBN in SuSE

Teun (Guest)
Hi guys,

has anyone tried to capture live 802.11b - 1mbit packets using the
802.11BBN
source code in SuSE ?
I'm trying to do so, but I'm encountering problems. First of all, when I
run
usrp_fft or usrp_oscope I can definitely see something. At least, I see
power fluctuations due to my laptop's WLAN (old 802.11b) card. However,
if I
try to run ./bbn_80211b_tx.py I get the following error:

"
Using TX d'board A: Flex 2400 Tx MIMO B
>>> gr_fir_ccf: using SSE
spb:    8
interp: 32
Failed to set Tx frequency to 2.4G "

I also tried to capture packets, using ./bbn_80211b_rx.py -d 8 -f 2412e6
-p
, however I can't see any packets.

Anyone an Idea ?

> has anyone tried to capture live 802.11b - 1mbit packets using the 802.11BBN
> source code in SuSE ?

I am pretty sure we did this under some kind of Linux, and I think it
was SuSE.

> Failed to set Tx frequency to 2.4G "
We didn't have any MIMO cards, so you may be simply hitting a minor bug.

> I also tried to capture packets, using ./bbn_80211b_rx.py -d 8 -f 2412e6 -p
> , however I can't see any packets.

The barker code demod defaults to off (probably not a wise choice).
Make sure it's on - I suggest reading the code and the option parsing in
particular.    This is all a bit rough.

I definitely received 802.11 packets (1 Mb/s) under NetBSD.   So while
I'm sure there are things wrong, it's possible to make it work.

See the tap example; that's what I ran most recently.