Forum: Ruby on Rails QUESTION: Grouping gems for a project

Joe P. (Guest)
on 2007-06-25 17:54
Hello.

I've got about 10 gems that are needed for my current project.  I'd like
to somehow put them all into one package so I can install them quickly
on another machine.

Is there a way to do this, or do I have to install them one-by-one each
time I move to a new machine?

I'd like to put them all into a single package or file, and just load
that one file and be done with it.

Joe
Jodi S. (Guest)
Hello  Joe -

On 25-Jun-07, at 9:54 AM, Joe P. wrote:

> time I move to a new machine?
>
> I'd like to put them all into a single package or file, and just load
> that one file and be done with it.
>
> Joe

Take a look at this post plus the other references ones - there are a
few ways to skin the cat.

http://errtheblog.com/post/2120

Note: I haven't got this to work with native gems, nor a way to find
out what gems are native.

Jodi