Forum: Ruby drawr 1.0.1 Released

Aaron P. (Guest)
drawr version 1.0.1 has been released!

* <http://seattlerb.org/>

This is a ruby wrapper around Plotr with a similar API to Gruff.  You
can
create graphs with a similar interface to Gruff, but offload the
rendering
to the browser!

## FEATURES/PROBLEMS:

* Needs more tests!

## SYNOPSIS:

An example in rails.  Your controller:

  class GraphController < ApplicationController
    def index
      @drawr = Drawr::Pie.new
      @drawr.title = "Twan"
      @drawr.data("One", [1])
      @drawr.data('Two', [2])
      @drawr.data('Three', [2])
      @drawr.data('Four', [10])
      @drawr.data('Five', [6])

Your view:

    <head>
      <%= javascript_include_tag 'prototype' %>
      <%= javascript_include_tag 'excanvas' %>
      <%= javascript_include_tag 'Plotr' %>
    </head>
      <%= @drawr %>

Changes:

## 1.0.1 / 2007-06-24

* 1 minor enhancement
  * Updated documentation

* <http://seattlerb.org/>
unknown (Guest)
> to the browser!
Hi Aaron, I can't find anything about drawr on that page you've posted
(by doing a search for drawr) - I'm missing something?

Any thoughts about exposing a drawing interface, as well as the charting
interface?

Cheers,
  Benjohn
Aaron P. (Guest)
On Mon, Jun 25, 2007 at 10:14:33PM +0900, removed_email_address@domain.invalid
wrote:
> > to the browser!
>
> Hi Aaron, I can't find anything about drawr on that page you've posted
> (by doing a search for drawr) - I'm missing something?

Ya, we haven't posted the rdoc for it yet.  Just download the gem and
check out the RDoc. ;-)

> Any thoughts about exposing a drawing interface, as well as the charting
> interface?

I haven't thought of doing that yet, but I'll look in to how difficult
that will be.