Forum: Ruby on Rails Adding before_filter from inculded Module

Christoph O. (Guest)

so I've got my nice pagination module that I'm mixing into
application.rb. It all works really nice, except for my before_filter
definition: When I put it into the module, my app starts throwing 500-
errors. Obviously I can't add this from a module the way I'm calling
it directly in application.rb or specific controllers, because the
before_filter class method seems to be out of scope or something. Is
there a way to achieve this some other way?

Thanks in advance and greetings,
Christoph
Christoph O. (Guest)
Really no ideas on how to do this?

On 24 Jun., 03:05, Christoph O. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
Josh S. (Guest)
on 2007-07-19 09:16
Christoph O. wrote:
> so I've got my nice pagination module that I'm mixing into
> application.rb. It all works really nice, except for my before_filter
> definition: When I put it into the module, my app starts throwing 500-
> errors. Obviously I can't add this from a module the way I'm calling
> it directly in application.rb or specific controllers, because the
> before_filter class method seems to be out of scope or something. Is
> there a way to achieve this some other way?

Hard to say what's going on w/o seeing any of your code.  This is how I
would do it:

module Foo
  def self.included(base)
    base.before_filter :bar
  end

  def bar
    # ...

Josh S.
http://blog.hasmanythrough.com
Artur M. (Guest)
on 2012-06-18 22:34
You can also use ActiveRecord::Concer and put model related methods to
included block.

For example:

require 'active_support/concern'

module Foo