Forum: Ruby on Rails validation email for new users... thoughts on best way?

Joe Z. (Guest)
on 2007-06-23 22:33
im looking to implement validation emails for new users i.e the basic
you create an account and must reply to the email we sent you to
confirm...

after some searching im not finding any solid information as to the
generally accepted best practice in implementing this. really all i've
found is a couple "this is how i figured out to go about doing it"
results.

could anyone point me in the right direction on this? are there any
plugins or anything out there for this purpose?

i know lotsa rails powered sites gotta have this, i know i've come
across a couple that did myself, but i can't find anything solid on how
to do it.
Chris K. (Guest)
on 2007-06-24 04:03
Joe Zz wrote:
> im looking to implement validation emails for new users i.e the basic
> you create an account and must reply to the email we sent you to
> confirm...
>
> after some searching im not finding any solid information as to the
> generally accepted best practice in implementing this. really all i've
> found is a couple "this is how i figured out to go about doing it"
> results.

No need to reinvent the wheel here. Go check out how activation works in
acts_as_authenticated:
http://technoweenie.stikipad.com/plugins/show/Acts...

Chris K.
http://kampers.net