Forum: Ruby Ron Jeffries implementing Extended Sets

pit (Guest)
For those of you not reading the Extreme Programming mailing list, Ron
Jeffries is currently blogging about Extended Set Theory and a more or
less test driven implementation in Ruby. You can find the articles here:

   http://www.xprogramming.com/xpmag/index.htm

Regards,
Pit
james (Guest)
On Nov 22, 2005, at 4:07 AM, Pit C. wrote:

> For those of you not reading the Extreme Programming mailing list,
> Ron J. is currently blogging about Extended Set Theory and a
> more or less test driven implementation in Ruby. You can find the
> articles here:
>
>   http://www.xprogramming.com/xpmag/index.htm

This is a great series of articles and he openly invites insights
from Ruby Gurus reading along.  Bring your thinking caps!

Thanks for sharing Pit.

James Edward G. II
jim.menard (Guest)
I sent Ron the following two files to Ron a couple of days ago, and
received a nice reply.

This quick-and-dirty implementation only uses an Array to store
objects. Ron pointed out that it will be much more interesting if the
objects were stored in files, perhaps mapping objects to things like
fixed-length records.

Jim
--
Jim M., removed_email_address@domain.invalid,
removed_email_address@domain.invalid
Jim M. schrieb:
> I sent Ron the following two files to Ron a couple of days ago, and
> received a nice reply.
>
> This quick-and-dirty implementation only uses an Array to store
> objects. Ron pointed out that it will be much more interesting if the
> objects were stored in files, perhaps mapping objects to things like
> fixed-length records.

Nice implementation, Jim! I'm curious about Ron's final solution.

Regards,
Pit
ronjeffries (Guest)
On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 19:07:32 +0900, Pit C.
wrote:

>For those of you not reading the Extreme Programming mailing list, Ron
>Jeffries is currently blogging about Extended Set Theory and a more or
>less test driven implementation in Ruby. You can find the articles here:
>
>   http://www.xprogramming.com/xpmag/index.htm
>
>Regards,
>Pit

Thanks for posting the link, Pit.

XST is a topic that has been interesting to me for a long time ... over
the
years I've done a number of products based on it.

It's an interesting technology and for some reason I felt like taking a
different cut at it. I'm not sure where I'll go with it at this point,
but I'm
trying to take an approach that's more in line with the pure math of it
all.

Readers are welcome, and I welcome email advice on how it's going. Be
sure to
include [ron] in the subject of any emails, to be sure of sneaking
through my
spam filters.

Pit has already sorted me out to help me get back up to speed on Ruby
... I've
been away from it for a few years now, and glad to be back.