Forum: Ruby on Rails Blog engine without all the template and front-end stuff?

Scott (Guest)
I want to incorporate a blog into my site, however, I don't want all
the front-end, templating stuff that goes along with it. Simply, I
want the admin management of the blog and then I will work the
postings into the front-end.

I have looked at Mephisto, Comatose, Typo, etc. and they all seem too
heavyweight with themes and such. Nice applications but more than what
I need.

Short of writing this myself, is there a simple, lightweight blogging
engine out there for RoR that doesn't impose all the front end stuff?

Cheers,

Scott
Rob Bevan (Guest)
Hi Scott,

Have you looked at SimpleLog? http://simplelog.net/

A Ruby on Rails weblog application that helps you focus on writing
above all else. SimpleLog has all the features you want in a
weblogging applicaton wrapped in an efficiently designed interface
that eliminates clutter. By focusing on simplicity and usability,
SimpleLog allows you to spend your time writing, rather than managing
a convoluted CMS.

Cheers,
Rob
Scott (Guest)
Hey Rob,

SimpleLog does have a nice admin interface but I am looking for more
of a plugin. I have an existing application that I want to add a blog
to, rather than an entire site devoted to a Blog. Also, I don't want
to use themes, I already have all the CSS and site layout done.

Thanks,

Scott
Mohit S. (Guest)
Scott wrote:

Hi Scott,

I'm sure you've thought of it, but one of the original pitches that came
packaged with Rails was "Creating a weblog in 15 minutes" and it used 58
lines of code.  Would that be of interest to you?

http://www.rubyonrails.org/screencasts

Cheers,
Mohit.
6/23/2007 | 12:17 AM.
Mohit S. (Guest)
Mohit S. wrote:

>> Scott
>>

> Hi Scott,
>
> I'm sure you've thought of it, but one of the original pitches that came
> packaged with Rails was "Creating a weblog in 15 minutes" and it used 58
> lines of code.  Would that be of interest to you?
>
> http://www.rubyonrails.org/screencast

...and while searching for what you wanted, I stumbled across this to
keep you busy in the week after the first 15 minutes:
http://abscond.org/entry/show/2347

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Mohit.