Forum: Ruby ruby-ldap-0.9.7-1.i386 on windows

Marco (Guest)
on 2007-06-21 12:30
Hi, I'm new to ruby and i want to use the package ruby-ldap-0.9.7-1.i386
but I have some problem to find on line what is the correct way to
install and use? Can you help me
Florian Aßmann (Guest)
Hi, I got similar problems when I tried to setup a xml-rpc server in
ruby, since there no real examples howto create a server provided in its
rdocs. I found out that there some provided in the package itself.

I found ruby-ldap examples here:
http://ruby-ldap.cvs.sourceforge.net/ruby-ldap/rub...

Also consider the rdoc to understand them.

Sincerely
Florian
Axel E. (Guest)
Dear Marco,

I found this:

http://www.ruby-forum.com/topic/62584,

but haven't tried it myself.

Best regards,

Axel
Francis C. (Guest)
On 6/21/07, Marco <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

> Hi, I'm new to ruby and i want to use the package ruby-ldap-0.9.7-1.i386
> but I have some problem to find on line what is the correct way to
> install and use? Can you help me

Unless you have a specific need to use the compiled LDAP library, you
might
also try Net::LDAP. This package is pure Ruby and doesn't require any
compilation, so it's simple to install on any platform.

http://rubyforge.org/projects/net-ldap/