Forum: Ruby on Rails Multiple file uploads

dfrank86 (Guest)
I need a form that will allow directories to be uploaded, rather than
one file at a time.  Is this possible?  On my Mac, at least, the file
selection menu won't allow a user to select a folder.

Thanks!
Peter De Berdt (Guest)
On 20 Jun 2007, at 23:32, dfrank86 wrote:

> I need a form that will allow directories to be uploaded, rather than
> one file at a time.  Is this possible?  On my Mac, at least, the file
> selection menu won't allow a user to select a folder.

SWFUpload allows you to select multiple files for upload (not the
folder itself, but you can select all the files in the folder with
Command/Control-A). Only other way if the folder itself needs to be
uploaded is asking the user to zip the bunch and upload the zip file.

Best regards

Peter De Berdt
Rick O. (Guest)
On 6/20/07, dfrank86 <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

> I need a form that will allow directories to be uploaded, rather than
> one file at a time.  Is this possible?  On my Mac, at least, the file
> selection menu won't allow a user to select a folder.

That's a browser/http limitation.  It's also why you can't upload
certain mac files that are really just directories with fancy
extensions.

--
Rick O.
http://lighthouseapp.com