Forum: Ruby on Rails back button for AJAX in rails

Difei (Guest)
on 2007-06-19 16:01
Greetings all,

I am wondering are there any thing like link_to_remote(:update, :url) in
rails which preserves the navigation feature (back & forward button as
well as bookmarks) of the browser? Thanks very much!

Cheers,
Difei
Jason R. (Guest)
Nothing is built into Rails.

Just design your site to work with the Back button. A good way of doing
this
is to make the site without Ajax, and then add it with the UJS plugin.

Jason
Peter De Berdt (Guest)
The original poster was looking for an ajax history plugin (a plugin
that automatically maintains an ajax history). Don't think one exists
however.

On 19 Jun 2007, at 14:40, Jason R. wrote:

> Greetings all,
>
> I am wondering are there any thing like link_to_remote
> (:update, :url) in
> rails which preserves the navigation feature (back & forward button as
> well as bookmarks) of the browser? Thanks very much!

Best regards

Peter De Berdt
Difei (Guest)
on 2007-06-19 17:07
Jason R. wrote:
> Nothing is built into Rails.
>
> Just design your site to work with the Back button. A good way of doing
> this
> is to make the site without Ajax, and then add it with the UJS plugin.
>
> Jason

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll have a try.
(Guest)
On Jun 19, 6:07 am, Difei <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

> --

there's been threads on rails-spinoffs on back button, bookmarking,
undo:
http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-spinoff...

Also look at "Pragmatic Ajax" book and this Dojo page
http://manual.dojotoolkit.org/WikiHome/DojoDotBook/Book0