Forum: Ruby rar gem!

Bashar A. (Guest)
Hi guys,

I'm building an application to compress and uncompress files and this
application will support zip, tar, and rar files I found zip and tar
gems
but I couldn't find (till now) a rar gem.
Alex Y. (Guest)
> Hi guys,
>
> I'm building an application to compress and uncompress files and this
> application will support zip, tar, and rar files I found zip and tar
> gems
> but I couldn't find (till now) a rar gem.
This came up a little while ago - you're best off calling unrar.
Емил Иванов / Emil I. (Guest)
Actually the rar algorithm is under some sort of legal/patent
protection, so
the guys at rarlabs don't share it.