Forum: Ruby rubyscript2exe on OS X

Kevin W. (Guest)
Anyone using rubsyscript2exe on Mac OS X to generate standard Mac
application bundles, or at the very least a standalone archive that can
be deployed in an application bundle?
Arie Kusuma A. (Guest)
Kevin W. wrote:
> Anyone using rubsyscript2exe on Mac OS X to generate standard Mac
> application bundles, or at the very least a standalone archive that can
> be deployed in an application bundle?

try use platypus http://sveinbjorn.org/platypus
Kevin W. (Guest)
Arie Kusuma A. wrote:
> Kevin W. wrote:
>> Anyone using rubsyscript2exe on Mac OS X to generate standard Mac
>> application bundles, or at the very least a standalone archive that
>> can be deployed in an application bundle?
>
> try use platypus http://sveinbjorn.org/platypus

Any examples of Ruby-Tk applications that are deployed in this fashion?
Giles B. (Guest)
> > try use platypus http://sveinbjorn.org/platypus
> >
> Any examples of Ruby-Tk applications that are deployed in this fashion?

From what I've heard, you may get better results with RubyCocoa:

http://www.rubycocoa.com/

--
Giles B.

Blog: http://gilesbowkett.blogspot.com
Portfolio: http://www.gilesgoatboy.org
John J. (Guest)
On Jun 14, 2007, at 4:14 PM, Giles B. wrote:

>> > try use platypus http://sveinbjorn.org/platypus
>> >
>> Any examples of Ruby-Tk applications that are deployed in this
>> fashion?
>
> From what I've heard, you may get better results with RubyCocoa:

Depends what you want to do.
Platypus is for pretty much just skinning a script with a GUI, but
RubyCocoa is an actual bridge that allows you to write code that
accesses the Cocoa framework directly using Ruby rather than
Objective-C.
RubyCocoa will require a lot more knowledge of Cocoa and even
Objective-C than would Platypus.
Giles B. (Guest)
> RubyCocoa will require a lot more knowledge of Cocoa and even
> Objective-C than would Platypus.

My bad. Platypus looks cool.