Forum: Ruby on Rails Rails store / e-commerce suite?

Ben J. (Guest)
on 2007-06-14 00:18
I know the point of rails is to make things so easy that you don't need
to do this, but I have a friend of mine that wants to sell t-shirts. I
need a simple / easy to set up a store suite for rails. Is there
anything like this? If not what other non-ruby suites would you
recommend?

Thanks for your help.
(Guest)
http://dev.subimage.com/projects/substruct should do the trick!!

On Jun 13, 9:18 pm, Ben J. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
MichaelLatta (Guest)
I picked up "Beginning Ruby on Rails e-comerce" which seems to have
sections on integrating with payment services.  I thought it covered
using an e-comerce framework, but on review it looks like it is more
from scratch than that.

Michael
Rick O. (Guest)
On 6/13/07, Ben J. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

> I know the point of rails is to make things so easy that you don't need
> to do this, but I have a friend of mine that wants to sell t-shirts. I
> need a simple / easy to set up a store suite for rails. Is there
> anything like this? If not what other non-ruby suites would you
> recommend?
>
> Thanks for your help.

Or you can skip all that development and deployment nonsense and go
with http://shopify.com

--
Rick O.
http://lighthouseapp.com