Forum: Ruby on Rails google preference feature?

green (Guest)
on 2007-06-13 19:28
I want the feature as same as google preference. it does not require
visitors to register, just select a preference, for instance, a city,
next time, when the same user who uses the same computer visits my
website, he may be redirected the each city page automatically. how can
I do it? thanks in advance.
Fernando Faganello Madeira (Guest)
I don´t know how but I think a cookie can do that works...

2007/6/13, green <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>:
surfman (Guest)
on 2007-06-14 07:23
I have the same feature requirement. After checking google, I believe
cookie may do the task.

But my question is, although I may use set cookie and get cookie to do
something. when a user closes his browser, all the setting will be
cleaned. so, when the user re-visit the site, he has to re-set cookie
again.

I have no idea on how to write cookie to disk and get it back when I
need it.

I am expecting anyone who has experiences on my problem may help me out.

thanks.