Forum: GNU Radio USRP Transmit from C++

Jeffrey K. (Guest)
Are there any additional C++ example programs floating around?  I wish
to start writing a program that can tx via the USRP from C code and
just want to get a better feel for the make process.

Thanks
Jeff
Eric B. (Guest)
On Mon, Jun 11, 2007 at 10:50:06AM -0400, Jeffrey K. wrote:
> Are there any additional C++ example programs floating around?  I wish
> to start writing a program that can tx via the USRP from C code and
> just want to get a better feel for the make process.
>
> Thanks
> Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Support for straight C++ programs (no python) is on the timeline for
the 3.2 release.  I expect to see release candidates for the upcoming
3.1 release to start appearing in the next 2 or 3 weeks.  3.2 should
follow on rather quickly; there's a lot of new features we want to get
wrapped up and into the stable release.

http://gnuradio.org/trac/roadmap

In addition to the build restructuring that will be required, right
now there is no framework or implementation for controlling the
daughterboards in C++.

Eric
Jeffrey K. (Guest)
Thanks for the response Eric.

I was just quickly going through the following discussion topic when I
saw your email:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/discuss-gnuradio...

As a sanity check for myself...
If I were to try and create an USRP object from usrp_standard.h it
would fail because there is no "implementation for controlling the
daughterboards in C++"??? (for the time being) Am I reading that
correctly?

Thanks
Jeff
Eric B. (Guest)
On Mon, Jun 11, 2007 at 12:46:56PM -0400, Jeffrey K. wrote:
> correctly?
>
> Thanks
> Jeff

You could instantiate a usrp_standard_tx or rx, but you'd be on your
own to setup and configure the daugtherboard.  We currently handle
that in Python (gr-usrp/src/lib/*.py)

Eric