Forum: GNU Radio gr_delay Is Not Working

Eng. Firas (Guest)

I tried to use gr_delay. It seems that it does not work at all.
Does any body used it before and it worked out?

Firas
On Sat, Jun 09, 2007 at 11:37:11PM -0700, Eng. Firas wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I tried to use gr_delay. It seems that it does not work at all.
> Does any body used it before and it worked out?
>
> Firas

It was fixed in the trunk June 4th in changeset 5661.

Are you building from the subversion trunk?

Eric
Eng. Firas (Guest)
No,
My last build was 2 months ago.

Firas

Eric B. wrote:
> It was fixed in the trunk June 4th in changeset 5661.

Dear Eric,

I think the new fix is not working also. I did not try it yet, but
looking
into the new code can tell us that the problem is still there as follows
:
old code :
memcpy(optr, iptr + delay()*d_itemsize, noutput_items*d_itemsize);

New code :
memcpy(optr, iptr, noutput_items*d_itemsize);

The new code is simply a copy of input samples to the output samples. I
don't see any delay action.

Firas,

On Sun, Jun 10, 2007 at 12:00:49PM -0700, Eng. Firas wrote:

> The new code is simply a copy of input samples to the output samples. I
> don't see any delay action.

It's working.  As of June 4 there's QA code for the block.
See the set_delay method and the underlying call to set_history.

Eric
Eng. Firas (Guest)