Forum: Ruby Extract .tar.bz2 with ruby

unknown (Guest)

I need to extract the content of a tar.bz2 file with ruby.
I use ruby under in WinXP.
How do I do that?

Thanks
   Peter
Pau Garcia i Quiles (Guest)
Hello,

Use the Win32API and the libbz2.dll

http://www.rubycentral.com/book/win32.html

--
Pau Garcia i Quiles
http://www.elpauer.org

Quoting removed_email_address@domain.invalid:
Michal S. (Guest)
> Hi,
>
> I need to extract the content of a tar.bz2 file with ruby.
> I use ruby under in WinXP.
> How do I do that?

There is also a library for tar manipulation (minitar?). Combined with
a bz2 decompression library (as suggested in other mail) it should do
the trick.

Thanks

Michal