Forum: Ruby How to develop cool GUI with Ruby

Jim Z. (Guest)
Hi All,

Which is the best RAD tool for Ruby to dev cool GUI program?

Can use glade to design the GUI, then save the design as glade.xml, use
glade-ruby to load the xml, parse it, invoke with TK?

Is there any example for this? (I don't want to start with TK, manually
edit
with GUI code part ...)

Thanks,
Jim
Reid T. (Guest)
Pau Garcia i Quiles (Guest)
Hello,

You can use Qt Designer if you use QtRuby.

--
Pau Garcia i Quiles
http://www.elpauer.org

Quoting Jim Z. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>:
Jim Z. (Guest)
I just see the ruby-zilla demo, very cool :-)

Thanks,
Jim

2007/6/8, Reid T. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>:
> > manually edit
> > with GUI code part ...)
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Jim
> >
> http://ruby-gnome2.sourceforge.jp/hiki.cgi?RubyZilla
>
> http://ruby-gnome2.sourceforge.jp/

--
Best regards,

Jim Z.
Gustav P. (Guest)
There is also the Zerenity library.
http://groups.google.com/group/ruby-talk-google/br...

I haven't used it much, but it was really quick to get something basic
up and running.

Gustav P.
Chad P. (Guest)
On Fri, Jun 08, 2007 at 05:17:34PM +0900, Gustav P. wrote:
> There is also the Zerenity library.
> http://groups.google.com/group/ruby-talk-google/br...
>
> I haven't used it much, but it was really quick to get something basic
> up and running.

There's always Xdialog, too, I suppose.  Nice and simple, if your needs
are simple too.