Forum: Ruby on Rails Sending Email from localhost and Dreamhost

Noob (Guest)
on 2007-06-07 23:31
Hi

I am currently developing on my local machine. I also have an account
with Dreamhost.

However, I trying to send an email from my localhost, using my dreamhost
smtp account. I followed
http://wiki.rubyonrails.org/rails/pages/HowToSendE...
tutorial, but it's not working.

Here are my files:

# environment.rb:

ActionMailer::Base.delivery_method = :sendmail
ActionMailer::Base.smtp_settings = {
  :address => "mail.website.com",
  :port => 25,
  :domain => "website.com", # i have also tried mail.website.com
  :authentication => :login,
  :user_name => "username",
  :password => "password"
}
ActionMailer::Base.perform_deliveries = true
ActionMailer::Base.raise_delivery_errors = true

# WelcomeController.rb

def index
  Notifier.deliver_signup_thanks
end

Can anyone help me out? Does it not work form localhost?
Morgan Whitney (Guest)
I had some trouble with this as well, but this came in handy:

http://wiki.dreamhost.com/ActionMailer

This is what mine looks like, but it is specific for sending emails
from a subdomain:

# Include your application configuration below
ActionMailer::Base.server_settings = {
  :address  => "mail.domain.com",
  :port  => 25,
  :domain  => 'subdomain.domain.com',
  :user_name  => "m1234567",
  :password  => "password",
  :authentication  => :login
}

On 6/7/07, Noob <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

>   :user_name => "username",
>

> Can anyone help me out? Does it not work form localhost?
>
> --

F. Morgan Whitney
http://www.blizzo.com