Forum: Ruby on Rails set rake db:migrate environment

Landon (Guest)
When running rake db:migrate, how do you control which environment
gets migrated? Running it without options always updates the
development database. This is obviously not what I want to do on the
production server.

Thank you,
Landon
Matthew B. (Guest)
On Wed, 2007-06-06 at 17:35 +0000, Landon wrote:
> When running rake db:migrate, how do you control which environment
> gets migrated? Running it without options always updates the
> development database. This is obviously not what I want to do on the
> production server.

RAILS_ENV=production rake db:migrate

Whammo.

--
Matthew B. :: 607 227 0871
Resume & Portfolio @ http://madhatted.com

So the next question is, where is that in the documentation?
Matthew B. (Guest)
On Wed, 2007-06-06 at 17:48 +0000, Landon wrote:
> Thank you!
>
> So the next question is, where is that in the documentation?

Dunno, it's been a while since I had to look that one up :-).  It works
for almost everything.  Rails looks to the RAILS_ENV env variable to set
it's mode.  You can do the same with:

  RAILS_ENV=production script/console

or a script/server, or a bunch of other little things.

--
Matthew B. :: 607 227 0871
Resume & Portfolio @ http://madhatted.com
MichaelLatta (Guest)