Forum: Ruby write COM clients in Ruby

Manish S. (Guest)
I searched the list and did not find anything rubyCOM. However I did not
find good sample
which concentrates on COM and not OLE.

I want to write a MSAA (MS Active Accessiblity) Cliet to drive query
various
desktop application.

However I am not sure how one can get access to IAccessible interface,
for
that matter any
custom COM interface and drive the COM server.

Thanks for any pointers.
Regards,
Manish
Jano S. (Guest)
On 6/6/07, Manish S. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> custom COM interface and drive the COM server.
>
> Thanks for any pointers.
> Regards,
> Manish

I'm not sure if this helps, but:

have a look at this patch:
http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=170...

and ruby-talk: 238065
(http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/...)

The patch is commited to trunk (1.9) since February and it is not in
1.8.

J.