Forum: Ruby on Rails serch in blog - What is the best method.

raj ma (Guest)

I am completly new to rail and developing a blog, was just interested in
knowing what is the best method to implement search to search my blogs.

Thank you,
Raj.
Jamal S. (Guest)
on 2007-06-02 12:50
Ravindraraj M. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am completly new to rail and developing a blog, was just interested in
> knowing what is the best method to implement search to search my blogs.
>
> Thank you,
> Raj.

What do you mean the best method?

Most Blogs let you search in the title and description :)

That most be the best thing to let the visitors do :)

and then your Visitoris can click on categories and archive list :)
Zach I. // LT3media (Guest)
If you are 'completely new', pick up a book or read some tutorials more.

Secondly, Ferret (and acts_as_ferret) are a nice solution or http://
railscasts.com/episodes/37

Cheers,
Zach I.
→ Blog -- http://www.zachinglis.com
→ Company -- http://www.lt3media.com
→ Portfolio -- http://portfolio.zachinglis.com
raj ma (Guest)
on 2007-06-04 07:08
I was asking about the implementaiton part of the serach. Methods to
search tittle and description and displaying the results depend up on
the dependencies all that.
raj ma (Guest)
on 2007-06-04 07:09
Dint find any thing related to search.
liquidautumn (Guest)
> I was asking about the implementaiton part of the...
no way.

> Dint find any thing related to search.
certainly, you've been searching wrong internet.

On Jun 4, 6:09 am, Ravindraraj M. <rails-mailing-l...@andreas-
raj ma (Guest)
on 2007-06-04 07:56
I am not looking for code but good methodologies...
raj ma (Guest)
on 2007-06-04 23:55
Was looking for some thing like this

http://blogs.tech-recipes.com/johnny/2006/08/27/ru...