Forum: Ruby on Rails Rails does not auto-re-read files in /lib in devel mode?

Steve R. (Guest)
on 2007-06-01 21:49
In development mode my understanding is that Rails re-reads every file
each time a client does something in order to make sure any new code is
implemented. Bt it doesn't seem to do this with files in /lib - is there
a way to make sure it does?

steve
Xavier N. (Guest)
On Jun 1, 2007, at 7:49 PM, Steve R. wrote:

> In development mode my understanding is that Rails re-reads every file
> each time a client does something in order to make sure any new
> code is
> implemented. Bt it doesn't seem to do this with files in /lib - is
> there
> a way to make sure it does?

That's not exact, by reductio ad absurdum :-).

Which version of Rails are you using?

-- fxn
Rick O. (Guest)
On 6/1/07, Steve R. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

> In development mode my understanding is that Rails re-reads every file
> each time a client does something in order to make sure any new code is
> implemented. Bt it doesn't seem to do this with files in /lib - is there
> a way to make sure it does?

Rails 1.2 reloads files that are autoloaded.  If you require the file
specifically it won't reload it.

--
Rick O.
http://lighthouseapp.com
Rick O. wrote:
> On 6/1/07, Steve R. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
>>
>> In development mode my understanding is that Rails re-reads every file
>> each time a client does something in order to make sure any new code is
>> implemented. Bt it doesn't seem to do this with files in /lib - is there
>> a way to make sure it does?
>
> Rails 1.2 reloads files that are autoloaded.  If you require the file
> specifically it won't reload it.

Ok, that makes sense. I am indeed using require. Thankyou very much.

steve