Forum: Ruby on Rails lighttpd won't start up. I'm new to ruby, please bare with m

mjw (Guest)
I am running Ruby on an iMac (intel based). Here is the error message
I am getting. I have a feeling this is "easy" to fix, but I cannot
find anything on it using goggle. I created a rails project named
'railslist' at which point I need to start up / configure the
webserver (according to the book). The book says to run this command
at the shell prompt: ruby script/server ... at which point I get this
error message.

:~/railslist mjw$ ruby script/server
./script/../config/boot.rb:29: undefined method `gem' for main:Object
(NoMethodError)
        from script/server:2
:~/railslist mjw$

Thanks in advance,

MJW
mixplate (Guest)
on 2007-06-01 09:13
did you also create your databases and fill out your database.yml file?