Forum: GNU Radio Question of MAC implementation

KC Huang (Guest)
Hi:

I am new to GNU radio. Recently, I want to implement MAC layer
protocol(like ALOHA, slotted-ALOHA) to the USRP. Therefore, first, I
tried to search the archive about ALOHA example. But, I cannot find any
article that really provides the example of MAC protocol. So, I want to
ask that if there are any MAC examples like (slotted-)ALOHA or CSMA?

Thanks for ur answer in advance!
KC
Johnathan C. (Guest)
KC Huang wrote:

> I am new to GNU radio. Recently, I want to implement MAC layer
> protocol(like ALOHA, slotted-ALOHA) to the USRP. Therefore, first, I
> tried to search the archive about ALOHA example. But, I cannot find any
> article that really provides the example of MAC protocol. So, I want to
> ask that if there are any MAC examples like (slotted-)ALOHA or CSMA?

There is an existing implementation of a CSMA (without the CD) in GNU
Radio in the 'digital' examples:

gnuradio-examples/python/digital/tunnel.py

This implements a single-frequency half-duplex radio modem with a CSMA
MAC and attaches the host TCP/IP stack to it.

--
Johnathan C.
Corgan Enterprises LLC

I have never worked with this implementation before and do not know much
about it, but:
http://typo3.cs.uni-paderborn.de/en/research-group...

- George