Forum: Ruby Looking for a pure Ruby uniq ID generator

Zouplaz (Guest)
Hello, I'm looking for a pure Ruby uniq non predictable ID generator

In fact, quite the same as the uniq *nix/cygwin command but fully writen
with Ruby...

Thanks
Zouplaz (Guest)
le 31/05/2007 13:01, Zouplaz nous a dit:

> In fact, quite the same as the uniq *nix/cygwin command but fully writen
> with Ruby...

I mean, uuidgen
Luis P. (Guest)
On 5/31/07, Zouplaz <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

> > In fact, quite the same as the uniq *nix/cygwin command but fully writen
> > with Ruby...
>
> I mean, uuidgen

A google search shows ruby-uuid (
http://raa.ruby-lang.org/project/ruby-uuid/ ) a "Pure ruby UUID
generator, which is compatible with RFC4122".
Francis C. (Guest)
On 5/31/07, Zouplaz <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

> Hello, I'm looking for a pure Ruby uniq non predictable ID generator
>
> In fact, quite the same as the uniq *nix/cygwin command but fully writen
> with Ruby...
>
> Thanks

Uuidgen is also supplied on Windows, if you decide to go that way. Just
make
sure you supply the -r parameter.