Forum: Ferret iterate through an entire index

John M. (Guest)
on 2007-05-31 05:10
I'm trying to get all the documents in an index. I've been hunting
around, but I don't see a clear way to do this. I can get docs by
searching on a term, or by specific doc id, but having trouble getting
the whole pile of them. I'm using AAF and Ferret 0.11.4. Any help
appreciated.

John
Benjamin K. (Guest)
On May 31, 2007, at 03:10, John Mcgrath wrote:

> I'm trying to get all the documents in an index. I've been hunting
> around, but I don't see a clear way to do this. I can get docs by
> searching on a term, or by specific doc id, but having trouble getting
> the whole pile of them. I'm using AAF and Ferret 0.11.4. Any help
> appreciated.

Ferret 0.11.4 introduced a ferret-browser (try ferret- browser on the
shell)

the code for the ferret browser is part of the gem and is entirely in
ruby ..
you should find an example on how to iterate through all documents in
that code .. if you cant find it, i can take a look for you ..

Ben
John M. (Guest)
on 2007-06-01 08:10
>> I'm trying to get all the documents in an index. I've been hunting
>> around, but I don't see a clear way to do this. I can get docs by
>> searching on a term, or by specific doc id, but having trouble getting
>> the whole pile of them. I'm using AAF and Ferret 0.11.4. Any help
>> appreciated.
>
> Ferret 0.11.4 introduced a ferret-browser (try ferret- browser on the
> shell)
>
> the code for the ferret browser is part of the gem and is entirely in
> ruby ..
> you should find an example on how to iterate through all documents in
> that code .. if you cant find it, i can take a look for you ..

Ben, thanks a million, that's exactly what I was looking for. And the
ferret browser is rad!

In case anyone's curious, the code is here:
http://ferret.davebalmain.com/trac/browser/trunk/r...
(in the DocumentController#list method)

and here:

http://ferret.davebalmain.com/trac/browser/trunk/r...