Forum: Ruby Licence information

Rajesh R. (Guest)
on 2007-05-31 04:48
Can you help me with a question that I cannot seem to find an answer
to…. If you go to the Ruby site, you have the license agreement
(http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/LICENSE.txt). Note the following, first
paragraph.

Ruby is copyrighted free software by Yukihiro M.
<removed_email_address@domain.invalid>. You can redistribute it and/or modify it
under
either the terms of the GPL (see COPYING.txt file), or the conditions
below:

In that text, it references a secondary file (see COPYING.txt file). Do
any of you know where that file is located or where it contains?

Thanks for your help.
Joel VanderWerf (Guest)
Rajesh Ramachander wrote:
> In that text, it references a secondary file (see COPYING.txt file). Do
> any of you know where that file is located or where it contains?
>
> Thanks for your help.

http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/COPYING.txt

(a lucky guess)

It's also in the source tar ball.
Rajesh R. (Guest)
on 2007-05-31 08:17
Joel VanderWerf wrote:
> Rajesh Ramachander wrote:
>> In that text, it references a secondary file (see COPYING.txt file). Do
>> any of you know where that file is located or where it contains?
>>
>> Thanks for your help.
>>

> http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/COPYING.txt
>
> (a lucky guess)
>
> It's also in the source tar ball.