Forum: Ruby on Rails New Rails/Flex blog

Rowan H. (Guest)
Hi Guys n Gals...

I've finally got round to putting up a blog, my way of giving back to
the community.

I'm going to cover stuff to with Flex and Rails, and some tidbits on
syncing a huge legacy Filemaker (?!) database with Rails/MySQL.. from
an in the trenches perspective.

Starting off with a case study of a Flex application I'm in the
process of building which will be updated every couple of days as I
get stuff done on it.

Blog:  http://work.rowanhick.com/
Feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/rowanhick

Feel free to look around, comment, pick it apart, get some ideas
etc....

Cheers
Rowan
---
web: http://work.rowanhick.com
skype: rowanthenerd
Marston A. (Guest)
Rowan,

A big thanks for your contribution :-) Welcome to my RSS reader.
Joon Y. (Guest)
Nice.  Welcome to my reader as well.

One comment, the site is a bit difficult to read for a color-blind
person.
Joe G. (Guest)
Looks good.

Just out of curiosity, what led you to go with WordPress?

Also, any chance of you upping the font size a little? Grey-on-grey
and grey-on-black is hard to read. :(

Joe
http://www.joegrossberg.com
Rowan H. (Guest)
Joon & Joe

Good points about colour blind/small fonts etc... I just used a
vanilla wordpress template... got to work on something more fitting
and accessible.

Installing wordpress sometime's when it's all about convenience a 'one
click install' of a package is certainly more appealing that setting
up a rails app (even though I love rails, I don't love setting up a
site!). I'm not the only one around with a PHP site for rails
advocacy !

Thanks
Rowan

---
web: http://work.rowanhick.com
skype: rowanthenerd

On May 29, 12:29 pm, Joe G. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> Looks good.
>
> Just out of curiosity, what led you to go with WordPress?
>
> Also, any chance of you upping the font size a little? Grey-on-grey
> and grey-on-black is hard to read. :(
>
> Joehttp://www.joegrossberg.com

Joon wrote...

Nice.  Welcome to my reader as well.
One comment, the site is a bit difficult to read for a color-blind
person.

On May 28, 9:14 pm, Rowan H. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
Rowan H. (Guest)
Okay I've tweaked everything round, should be much more readable for
anyone that had difficulties. Not tested on IE, but looks fantastic on
Firefox/Safari.

Also a few fun little elements from my previous company's
branding..... good for a laugh.

Cheers
---
web: http://work.rowanhick.com