Forum: Ruby randomize array content

(Guest)
Hello,

After 2 months working with ruby i still bump to some of those:

what would be the simplest way (couldn't find a rand method) to
achieve a subject's task?

thanks!
Stefan R. (Guest)
> Hello,
>
> After 2 months working with ruby i still bump to some of those:
>
> what would be the simplest way (couldn't find a rand method) to
> achieve a subject's task?
>
> thanks!

ary.sort_by { rand }

Regards
Stefan
Alex Y. (Guest)
> Hello,
>
> After 2 months working with ruby i still bump to some of those:
>
> what would be the simplest way (couldn't find a rand method) to
> achieve a subject's task?

If you mean that you want to shuffle the array, then:

array.sort_by{rand}

This comes up often enough that it'd almost be worth adding an
Array#shuffle (and/or #shuffle!) method to core...
(Guest)
On May 28, 2:07 pm, Alex Y. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> array.sort_by{rand}
>
> This comes up often enough that it'd almost be worth adding an
> Array#shuffle (and/or #shuffle!) method to core...
>
> --
> Alex

Thanks Alex, that would be it!

best