Forum: Ruby gem install directory error

Craig J. (Guest)
on 2007-05-28 19:30
I updated my ruby/rails stack this morning on my mac os x 10.4.9
machine.  Now I'm having a problem intalling gems.  I get the following
error while trying to install a gem

****
ERROR:  While executing gem ... (ArgumentError)
    install directory "/usr/local//lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/hpricot-0.5"
not absolute
****

Here is the output from a gem environment command

****
RubyGems Environment:
  - VERSION: 0.9.2 (0.9.2)
  - INSTALLATION DIRECTORY: /usr/local//lib/ruby/gems/1.8
  - GEM PATH:
     - /usr/local//lib/ruby/gems/1.8
  - REMOTE SOURCES:
     - http://gems.rubyforge.org
****

I'm not sure what the issue is or how to correct it.  Any ideas????
Jeremy H. (Guest)
On May 28, 2007, at 11:30 AM, Craig J. wrote:

> ****
>
> I'm not sure what the issue is or how to correct it.  Any ideas????
>
> --

What's with the double slash after local? I'm sure that's not the
problem but I'm just curious =)
Craig J. (Guest)
on 2007-05-28 19:47
Jeremy H. wrote:
> On May 28, 2007, at 11:30 AM, Craig J. wrote:
>

>> ****
>>
>> I'm not sure what the issue is or how to correct it.  Any ideas????
>>
>> --
>>
> What's with the double slash after local? I'm sure that's not the
> problem but I'm just curious =)

I noticed that myself and thought it might be the problem but I'm not
really sure.  I can addess that directory  fine with or without the
slash so I don't really think thats the issue, but I don't know why its
like that.