Forum: Ruby on Rails How to add an event directly to a web calendar

Kevin L. (Guest)
on 2007-05-28 04:50
I don't really have a good idea conceptually of how to add an event a
user selected to a web calendar such as Google C. without first
generate a .ics (iCal) file and then import it manually to the calendar
application.  I would like to save the user this step but have not found
concrete information on how to do so.  Does this involve WWW::Mechanize,
Net::Http, and XML data?  I would appreciate an outline of steps
involved to achieve this.

Thanks in advance!
Josh (Guest)
Hi Kevin,

Google does have a set of APIs for accessing their products.  I'm not
sure how these would work together with Rails, but probably fine.

Check out:  http://code.google.com/

Josh

On May 27, 5:50 pm, Kevin L. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
(Guest)
I'm in the process of doing something like that myself.
Like Josh said, they don't have a Rails API/module, but they give
specs about the protocol used.
http://code.google.com/apis/calendar/developers_gu...
basically, it's XML over HTTP.  I think we can do something with that.
I'm still figuring it out myself.

Elise
le colibri (Guest)
Kevin L. wrote: