Forum: Ruby on Rails How to make dynamic index page

Anjan D. (Guest)
on 2007-05-25 11:15
I m new with ruby so I have query regarding index.html page. In Ruby if
i want dynamic index page in public folder  where data is coming
dynamically then in index.html page how can i display tht. I cant do tht
in html page.

Is there any other way to make index page dynamic.

So plz help me out to solve this problem.

Thanks
Anjan.
Jacob A. (Guest)
Anjan Doshi wrote:
> I m new with ruby so I have query regarding index.html page. In Ruby if
> i want dynamic index page in public folder  where data is coming
> dynamically then in index.html page how can i display tht. I cant do tht
> in html page.
>
> Is there any other way to make index page dynamic.

You simply remove the index.html file from the public folder. Then you
map a route to the empty url like:

map.connect '', :controller => 'some_controller', :action => 'index'

--
Cheers,
- Jacob A.
Jacob A. wrote:
> Anjan Doshi wrote:
>> I m new with ruby so I have query regarding index.html page. In Ruby if
>> i want dynamic index page in public folder  where data is coming
>> dynamically then in index.html page how can i display tht. I cant do tht
>> in html page.
>>
>> Is there any other way to make index page dynamic.
>
> You simply remove the index.html file from the public folder. Then you
> map a route to the empty url like:
>
> map.connect '', :controller => 'some_controller', :action => 'index'
>
> --
> Cheers,
> - Jacob A.

Thanks a lot