Forum: Ruby she method "gets" doesn't work...

Fabio (Guest)
on 2007-05-22 15:47
I've just started learning Ruby and the method "gets" is not working.
When I try it a black window comes up (prompt screen) and I can't get
rid of it. So I close it and an output message comes out saying ">Exit
code: -1073741510"

Thanks in advance,

Fabio
Luis P. (Guest)
On 5/22/07, Fabio <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> I've just started learning Ruby and the method "gets" is not working.
> When I try it a black window comes up (prompt screen) and I can't get
> rid of it.

  Have you tried writing something on the window and then hitting enter?
Harry K. (Guest)
On 5/22/07, Fabio <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> I've just started learning Ruby and the method "gets" is not working.
> When I try it a black window comes up (prompt screen) and I can't get
> rid of it. So I close it and an output message comes out saying ">Exit
> code: -1073741510"

Are you using SciTE?

http://www.ruby-forum.com/topic/108657#new

Harry

--

A Look into Japanese Ruby List in English
http://www.kakueki.com/
Luis P. wrote:
> On 5/22/07, Fabio <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
>> I've just started learning Ruby and the method "gets" is not working.
>> When I try it a black window comes up (prompt screen) and I can't get
>> rid of it.
>
>   Have you tried writing something on the window and then hitting enter?

hihi :-)