Forum: Rails deployment Local SVN & Capistrano 2.0

Sean S. (Guest)
on 2007-05-22 07:06
Everything is working well in my svn repository.  I am able to connect
to my server by using "cap deploy", but receive this error message:

 ** [out] svn: Unable to open an ra_local session to URL
 ** svn: Unable to open repository
'file:///Users/myusername/svn/simpleblog2/trunk'

Any ideas how to work around this?
Jeff X. (Guest)
Capistrano assumes that your production server can access your svn
repository...

On 5/22/07, Sean S. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> --

Jeff X.
Software Journeyman - http://gigix.thoughtworkers.org
Open Source Contributor - http://rubyworks.rubyforge.org
Technical Evangelist - http://www.infoq.com/cn/
Luca M. (Guest)

> Capistrano assumes that your production server can access your svn repository...

hmm, not exactly, he refers to Capistrano 2.0 which (see
http://www.capify.org/upgrade/whats-new ) should be able to use
methods of deploy alternative to svn checkout on the production
server.

To the OP, if you don't want to use the svn checkout you need to
specify a :deploy_via option:

# checkout locally, then tar and gzip the copy
# and sftp it to the remote servers
set :deploy_via, :copy

(But I may have not uderstood the situation),

bye
Luca