Forum: Ruby A bit of help

Acoole C. (Guest)
on 2007-05-18 19:46
Ok say i was using this code using SciTE

puts 'Hello there, and what\'s your name?'
name = gets
puts 'Your name is ' + name + '?  What a lovely name!'
puts 'Pleased to meet you, ' + name + '.  :)'

After i input my name in the gets, and press enter it just skips the
rest of the program and closes it!

Whats wrong?

Thanks,
Acoole C. (Guest)
on 2007-05-18 19:53
bUJMP
Harry K. (Guest)
On 5/19/07, Acoole C. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> Whats wrong?
>
> Thanks,

 Hi,

I don't use  SciTE, but it is probably running so fast you do not see
it and then closes.

Try this.

puts 'Hello there, and what\'s your name?'
name = gets
puts 'Your name is ' + name + '?  What a lovely name!'
puts 'Pleased to meet you, ' + name + '.  :)'
gets

Just put the 'gets' at the end.
That will make the program wait for you to enter something.

Harry

--

A Look into Japanese Ruby List in English
http://www.kakueki.com/

Thanks,
-Acoole
unknown (Guest)
In message <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>, Acoole
Cooland writes:
>Whats wrong?
What's wrong is that you're not fast enough to read the message before,
a microsecond or three later, the computer realizes that the program
has exited and closes the window.

-s