Forum: Ruby on Rails Ubuntu rails server

ady (Guest)
on 2007-05-17 10:32
Hello,
I try to install on my ubuntu ruby on rails server.
I have install ruby,rails,gem and all files but doesn't work.
When i run the server with webrick works perfect but when i use apache
i get this message:
We're sorry, but something went wrong.
We've been notified about this issue and we'll take a look at it
shortly.

Here are my installed app versions:
root@otpsrv:~# ruby -v
ruby 1.8.5 (2006-08-25) [i486-linux]
root@otpsrv:~# rails -v
Rails 1.2.3
root@otpsrv:~# gem -v
0.9.3

and my conf are:
in .htaccess i have modify
AddHandler fcgid-script .fcgi
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ dispatch.fcgi [QSA,L]

in apache conf:
<VirtualHost *:80>
        ServerAdmin webmaster@localhost
        ServerName test
        DocumentRoot /var/www/test/public
        ErrorLog /var/www/test/log/apache.log

        <Directory /var/www/test/public/>
                Options ExecCGI FollowSymLinks
                AllowOverride All
                Order allow,deny
                Allow from all
                AddHandler fcgid-script .fcgi
        </Directory>
</VirtualHost>

in fcgid.load
LoadModule fcgid_module /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_fcgid.so

in fcgid.conf
<IfModule mod_fcgid.c>
  AddHandler fcgid-script .fcgi
  DefaultInitEnv RAILS_ENV production
  SocketPath /var/lib/apache2/fcgid/sock
  IdleTimeout 60
  ProcessLifeTime 6000
  MaxProcessCount 32
  DefaultMaxClassProcessCount 2
  IPCConnectTimeout 6
  IPCCommTimeout 6
</IfModule>

My apache version is 2.2.3 and this is the reason that all conf is
separated in files.
These are the settings.
If someone can tellme where is the problemm.
Thanks
Marston A. (Guest)
We run Ubuntu server on all our servers, though with a slightly
different setup than you.  You might want to take a look at the
Slicehost Wiki: http://wiki.slicehost.com/  They have a lot of good
links and tutorials.
adi (Guest)
on 2007-05-18 01:53
Thanks
I have done the configuration.
The conf is ok ruby on rails is up and running.
I didn't install a library. This was the problem.
Thanks anyway
bt (Guest)
on 2007-05-22 03:35
Hey adi

    I have the same issue with apache.  Which library did you install to
get this to run, I can't find it.

    Thanks.