Wise big block interleaving in GNURadio

Hi everybody,
I need to do interleaving on very big blocks of data, I have tried to
demultiplex my stream into several (6048) output streams in order to be
able to act on it and then re-multiplex it to something serial.

unfortunately this seems to be too much, could anybody tell me what is
the wise way to do interleaving on big blocks in gnuradio?
(or point me towards some useful example?)

the error i get is:

gr_vmcircbuf_sysv_shm: shmget (2): No space left on device
gr_buffer::allocate_buffer: failed to allocate buffer of size 32 KB
terminate called after throwing an instance of ‘std::bad_alloc’
what(): St9bad_alloc
./run_tests: line 37: 9751 Aborted $file
FAIL: run_tests

Many Thanks
vincenzo

Hello,

What is the stop band of the FPGA CIC filter? How do I figure out the
attenuation at a given frequency outside my bandwidth?

I’m decimating by 250.

Thanks,
Hans

On Wed, May 16, 2007 at 04:00:24PM -0700, Hans G. wrote:

Hello,

What is the stop band of the FPGA CIC filter? How do I figure out the
attenuation at a given frequency outside my bandwidth?

I’m decimating by 250.

Thanks,
Hans

It’s a fourth order CIC.
See http://users.snip.net/~donadio/cic.pdf for the transfer function.

Eric

Hans:

I don’t think you really want the CIC transfer function but the transfer
function of the convolution of the half band filters and the CIC since
that is the total transfer function through the FPGA. Am I right?

Bob

Hans G. wrote:

“If you’re going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or
else you’re going to be locked up.” Hunter S. Thompson

Dear Hans,

I think you meant the frequency response of CIC+ HBF filters. However,
the USRP CIC decimation filter has 4 stages. I did MATLAB analysis for 4
stages CIC filter with decimation rate of 250 (as you requested) without
the HBF. The spectrum analysis result is attached. The first plot is for
entire range [0 to Fs/2]. The second one is zoomed near the interested
band. You will see a huge theoretical gain (more than 190 dB) because of
CIC bit growth.

Firas

Eric B. [email protected] wrote: On Wed, May 16, 2007 at 04:00:24PM
-0700, Hans G. wrote:

Hello,

What is the stop band of the FPGA CIC filter? How do I figure out the
attenuation at a given frequency outside my bandwidth?

I’m decimating by 250.

Thanks,
Hans

It’s a fourth order CIC.
See http://users.snip.net/~donadio/cic.pdf for the transfer function.

Eric

Hello,

Thank you for the graphs. I wasn’t aware that there was a HBF after the
CIC. Yes, I’d like to know the frequency response of the whole usrp
from input to output when I decimate by 250.

Thank you to everyone for the help so far,
Hans
I think you meant the frequency response of CIC+ HBF filters.
However, the USRP CIC decimation filter has 4 stages. I did MATLAB
analysis for 4 stages CIC filter with decimation rate of 250 (as you
requested) without the HBF. The spectrum analysis result is attached.
The first plot is for entire range [0 to Fs/2]. The second one is zoomed
near the interested band. You will see a huge theoretical gain (more
than 190 dB) because of CIC bit growth.

Firas

Eric B. [email protected] wrote:
On Wed, May 16, 2007 at 04:00:24PM -0700, Hans G. wrote:
> Hello,
>
> What is the stop band of the FPGA CIC filter? How do I figure out
the
> attenuation at a given frequency outside my bandwidth?
>
> I’m decimating by 250.
>
> Thanks,
> Hans

It's a fourth order CIC.
See http://users.snip.net/~donadio/cic.pdf for the transfer

function.

Eric

5/6/2007 9:01 PM

Hello,

I can give you a precise MATLAB based simulated USRP frequency response.
All
what I need is the HBF coefficients. So this is an open invitation to
our
dear Matt to give us his designed USRP HBF coefficients or frequency
response.

Firas,

From: Firas abbas
stages CIC filter with decimation rate of 250 (as you requested) without

See http://users.snip.net/~donadio/cic.pdf for the transfer function.

Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.

Discuss-gnuradio mailing list
[email protected]
Discuss-gnuradio Info Page

http://www.nabble.com/wise-big-block-interleaving-in-GNURadio-tf3768964.html#a10666406

On 5/17/07, Eng. Firas [email protected] wrote:

Hello,

I can give you a precise MATLAB based simulated USRP frequency response. All
what I need is the HBF coefficients. So this is an open invitation to our
dear Matt to give us his designed USRP HBF coefficients or frequency
response.

Reading the documentation in the Verilog source file is helpful:
http://gnuradio.org/trac/browser/gnuradio/trunk/usrp/fpga/sdr_lib/hb/halfband_decim.v

The coefficient ROM is located here:
http://gnuradio.org/trac/browser/gnuradio/trunk/usrp/fpga/sdr_lib/hb/coeff_rom.v

Firas

Brian

Eng. Firas wrote:

Hello,

I can give you a precise MATLAB based simulated USRP frequency response. All
what I need is the HBF coefficients. So this is an open invitation to our
dear Matt to give us his designed USRP HBF coefficients or frequency
response.

Firas,

The coefficients are here:

http://gnuradio.org/trac/browser/gnuradio/trunk/usrp/fpga/sdr_lib/hb/coeff_rom.v

Matt

Thank you Brian & Matt

Using Matt HBF coefficients given by the verilog file [coeff_rom.v], I
did
the HBF frequency response analysis by MATLAB FDATOOL. Attached is the
USRP
HBF result frequency response. As we can see, there is a 6 dB passband
gain.
In my next step, I will try to provide the frequency response of the
cascaded USRP CIC+HBF sections.

Regards,
Firas

http://www.nabble.com/file/8495/USRP%20HBF.JPG USRP HBF.JPG

Matt wrote:

Hello,

I can give you a precise MATLAB based simulated USRP frequency
response. All
what I need is the HBF coefficients. So this is an open invitation to
our
dear Matt to give us his designed USRP HBF coefficients or frequency
response.

Firas,

The coefficients are here:

http://gnuradio.org/trac/browser/gnuradio/trunk/usrp/fpga/sdr_lib/hb/coeff_rom.v