Forum: Ruby Solid IPTC Library?

Sam S. (Guest)
Anyone know of a really solid IPTC Library with Ruby bindings? Ideally
it would also handle encoding to extended characters to UTF-8 properly.
Jeremy H. (Guest)
On Thu, May 17, 2007 at 06:30:03AM +0900, Sam S. wrote:
> Anyone know of a really solid IPTC Library with Ruby bindings? Ideally
> it would also handle encoding to extended characters to UTF-8 properly.

Wow, 2nd time in a week this has come up.  Check out the previous
thread[1].

I have experimented a bit with Exiv2[2].  My little tests have been
fine, but I have no clue if it handles UTF-8 properly.

ruby-exiv2[3] is a binding to this library and requires exiv2 be already
installed.

enjoy,

-jeremy

[1] -
http://groups.google.com/group/ruby-talk-google/br...
[2] - http://www.exiv2.org/
[3] - http://rubyforge.org/projects/ruby-exiv2/
Jan F. (Guest)
on 2007-05-18 15:24
Sam S. wrote:
> Anyone know of a really solid IPTC Library with Ruby bindings? Ideally
> it would also handle encoding to extended characters to UTF-8 properly.
If the Exiftool commandline-application[1]  fill your needs (they
support UTF-8) you can use MiniExiftool[2-4].

Regards
Jan

[1] http://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/
[2] http://rubyforge.org/projects/miniexiftool/