Forum: Ruby Anyone subscribed to a *JRuby* mailing list?

Ronald F. (Guest)
I am looking for a specific JRuby mailing list.

(1) On the web, I found the list removed_email_address@domain.invalid , but I
have
never managed to subscribe to this list; so in case the list admin
of this list happens to read this message, I would be glad if s/he could
get back to me by email.

(2) If someone knows any other JRuby specific mailing list, please let
me know.

Ronald
Lyle J. (Guest)
On 5/14/07, Ronald F. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

> I am looking for a specific JRuby mailing list.
>
> (1) On the web, I found the list removed_email_address@domain.invalid , but I have
> never managed to subscribe to this list; so in case the list admin
> of this list happens to read this message, I would be glad if s/he could
> get back to me by email.

Well, I'm subscribed to that mailing list
(removed_email_address@domain.invalid).
What *exactly* do you mean that you have "never managed to subscribe
to this list"? Do you not know how to subscribe to it, or is it
rejecting your subscription request, or what?
Ronald F. (Guest)
> What *exactly* do you mean that you have "never managed to subscribe
> to this list"? Do you not know how to subscribe to it, or is it
> rejecting your subscription request, or what?

Well, I tried to subscribe to the JRuby mailing list, in the following
way:

I went to http://xircles.codehaus.org/projects/jruby/lists and clicked
on
"Subscribe" of removed_email_address@domain.invalid and entered my email
address.

I received then an email saying:

  removed_email_address@domain.invalid

   If this is your desired goal, you're almost there. All you need to do

   now is to follow the link below:

So I went to this email address. To my surprise, the browser did NOT say
on this address
that I now were sucessfully subscribed to this list; instead, the
browser said:

  "Enter a list address below to quickly subscribe to it using
removed_email_address@domain.invalid
   The address should be in the form of removed_email_address@domain.invalid"

So I entered again the list name, removed_email_address@domain.invalid, into the
entry field labelled
"List address" and clicked on "Subscribe".

After this, I received the following error message:

  "Unable to find 'removed_email_address@domain.invalid' list"

What did I do wrong here?

Ronald
Nick S. (Guest)
On 5/14/07, Ronald F. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> > What *exactly* do you mean that you have "never managed to subscribe
> > to this list"? Do you not know how to subscribe to it, or is it
> > rejecting your subscription request, or what?
>
> Well, I tried to subscribe to the JRuby mailing list, in the following
> way:

Unfortunately the codehaus list management application requires you to
re-navigate to the list you're interested in and subscribe after
following the confirmation link.  I've done that for you, since you
included the link in the email.  You should probably be careful about
publicly posting such links in the future.

/Nick
Ronald F. (Guest)
> Unfortunately the codehaus list management application requires you to
> re-navigate to the list you're interested in and subscribe after
> following the confirmation link.  I've done that for you, since you
> included the link in the email.

Thank you, this is very kind of you.

> You should probably be careful about
> publicly posting such links in the future.

Thank you for pointing this out. I believed to have read on the codeaus
pages (can't recall exactly where), that the confirmation email need
to be sent within 24 hours, so I thought that my possibility to confirm
had been expired anyway. I was surprised that you were able to complete
the confirmation for me - so I guess I am now subscribed (although
I haven't got so far an email confirming so)....

Ronald