Forum: GNU Radio Real sampling with DBSRX (& more!)

Davide A. (Guest)
Hi List,
is it possible to use only real sampling coming from the DBSRX?
Any one can send me the instruction to set correctly the VCO on the
MAX2118?

Davide A.

web: http://www.davideanastasia.com/
email: removed_email_address@domain.invalid
Trond D. (Guest)
> Hi List,
> is it possible to use only real sampling coming from the DBSRX?

I am not sure if I understood your question correctly, but Is there a
reason why gr.complex_to_real() does not work? As long as you signal
is an appropriate IF, the real part of the complex signal should
contain all of the information.

Regards,
--
Trond D.
Davide A. (Guest)
Il giorno lun, 14/05/2007 alle 11.09 +0200, Trond D. ha scritto:
> > Hi List,
> > is it possible to use only real sampling coming from the DBSRX?
>
> I am not sure if I understood your question correctly, but Is there a
> reason why gr.complex_to_real() does not work?

Why not simply usrp.source_s()?
--
Davide A.

web: http://www.davideanastasia.com/
email: removed_email_address@domain.invalid
Trond D. (Guest)
> Il giorno lun, 14/05/2007 alle 11.09 +0200, Trond D. ha scritto:
> > > Hi List,
> > > is it possible to use only real sampling coming from the DBSRX?
> >
> > I am not sure if I understood your question correctly, but Is there a
> > reason why gr.complex_to_real() does not work?
>
> Why not simply usrp.source_s()?

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/discuss-gnuradio...

Besides, floats are more convenient :)

--
Trond D.
Davide A. (Guest)
Il giorno lun, 14/05/2007 alle 11.23 +0200, Trond D. ha scritto:

> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/discuss-gnuradio...
>
> Besides, floats are more convenient :)

I'm not really sure I've understood what you want to tell me. Infact you
give me a link to a reply on a thread I open some times ago.
--
Davide A.

web: http://www.davideanastasia.com/
email: removed_email_address@domain.invalid
Trond D. (Guest)
> > > Why not simply usrp.source_s()?
> >
> > http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/discuss-gnuradio...
> >
> > Besides, floats are more convenient :)
>
> I'm not really sure I've understood what you want to tell me. Infact you
> give me a link to a reply on a thread I open some times ago.

I only refered to Eric B.s statement that usrp.source_s is
broken, but I have not found anything regarding why it is broken. As I
said earlier, if you are just interested in the positive part of the
spectrum, then gr.complex_to_real should give you everything you need.

--
Trond D.
Eric B. (Guest)
On Mon, May 14, 2007 at 11:15:41AM +0200, Davide A. wrote:
> Il giorno lun, 14/05/2007 alle 11.09 +0200, Trond D. ha scritto:
> > > Hi List,
> > > is it possible to use only real sampling coming from the DBSRX?
> >
> > I am not sure if I understood your question correctly, but Is there a
> > reason why gr.complex_to_real() does not work?
>
> Why not simply usrp.source_s()?

Because it doesn't really do what you think it does.

It really just return the raw data, completely uninterpreted, from the
USRP.  It should be called something other than usrp.source_s.

Eric